Fourth session of the Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development
The fourth session of the Expert Mechanism on the Right to Development will take place in hybrid mode from Wednesday, 3 November to Friday, 5 November 2021, 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 5pm, Central European Time (CET/Geneva time) in the Conference Room XIX at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
At this session, the Expert Mechanism will consider the following:
- Opening of the session
- Election of officers
- Adoption of the agenda and programme of work
- General debate
- Coordination meeting with the Special Rapporteur on the Right to Development and the Chair-rapporteur of the Intergovernmental Working Group on the Right to Development
- Considerations of thematic reports
- Implementation of the mandate and programme of work
- Closing of the session
The meeting of the Expert Mechanism will be divided into public and private segments (please refer to the programme of work). Participation will only be possible in the public meetings. Remote simultaneous interpretation will be made available during the public meetings.
Delegates and other stakeholders wishing to participate in this meeting are requested to register via this
link . The registration will remain open until 18:00 CET, Sunday, 31th October 2021. A link to join the virtual meeting will be sent to those who register through the system and request to participate remotely. The link will be unique to each registered participant and cannot be shared.
States, United Nations mechanisms, bodies and specialized agencies, funds and programmes, intergovernmental organizations, regional organizations and mechanisms in the field of human rights, national human rights institutions and other relevant national bodies, academics and experts on development issues, and non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council are allowed to ask for the floor (by pressing the “raise hand” button) and intervene, in that order.
States, NGOs and other stakeholders are kindly requested to coordinate among themselves so that only one person will take the floor per delegation.
For further enquiries, please contact
- First meeting, 11h - 13h, 3 November 2021 (items 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Second meeting, 15h - 17h, 3 November 2021 (item 5 and 7.1)
- Third meeting, 11h to 13h, 4 November 2021 (item 7.1. cont’d and item 6)
- Fourth meeting 15h to 17h, 4 November 2021 (item 7.2 and 7.3)
- Sixth Fourth meeting 15h to 17h, 5 November 2021 (item 8)